Thank you for your interest in coaching with Fitness Concepts. We have a staff full of highly qualified coaches and other resources to help you achieve your goals.
Our head coach, Ken Mierke has background in exercise physiology, human biomechanics, nutrition, and sports psychology. He brings a broad and deep knowledge from which all our staff and clients benefit.
We have had tremendous success developing athletes of all levels, from beginner to professional. Clients include world champion and Olympic hopeful Margie Shapiro (overall World Champion by 3:01), I.T.U. professional Dan MacKenzie (30:08 10K), and long course professional Stephanie Jones (9:34 Ironman). Others include a nationally ranked veteran triathlete who cut 51 minutes off his half ironman time Elisa Velarde, the Annapolis Striders’ “Most Improved Runner” in 2007 who set personal records at the mile, 5K, 5 mile, 10K, 10 mile, and half marathon at age 40 after 22 years of competitive running, and Chris Wren who set the Ironman Lake Placid age group course record at age 61 and cut 17 minutes off his record at age 62.
Fitness Concepts has extensive resources that help our clients maximize performance (described in detail later) including a testing and training center, underwater video equipment, VO2 max testing equipment, hyperoxic training equipment, a Vasa trainer, two altitude chambers, a hyperbaric chamber, PowerCranks, and many more.
We hope that our services fit your needs and we look forward to working with you.
For serious triathletes, cyclists, and runners, beginner to elite
- In 16 years, our clients have won 6 World Championships and 29 National Championships
- In 2005, two Fitness Concepts clients won I.T.U. World Championships
- Margie Shapiro won, Overall (all females), by 3:01
- Steven Duplinsky won the Junior Division by 39 seconds
- Elisa Velarde was the 2007 Most Improved Annapolis Strider
- At age 40 set PRs in mile, 5K, 5-mile, 10K, and 10-mile
- Stephanie Jones, alreadyprofessional, set a 54-minute IM PR
- Ron Bowman, a nationally ranked age grouper, cut 58 minutes off his time at theEagleman Half IM